You have decided to take the next step and become a Manager...bravo!
The Becoming a Manager training is now a half day online training for Adult Members that are transitioning into a Manager role. The training also covers knowledge for Leading Volunteers.
The purpose of the Becoming a Manager course is to give the new District Manager the skills and knowledge to manage the information, finances and property of the District according to Girl Guides Australia and State Girl Guide Organisation requirements.
Saturday 5 March
Saturday 8:45am - 12:30pm
This Course Covers:
- The skills and knowledge required to build, lead and manage an effective team.
- An introduction to what is needed to build for the future will be discussed and ideas shared but the immediate focus is to ensure the ‘basics’ are operating well in the District.
- Development of skills to maintain harmony in the group and to minimise conflict.
- Leading Volunteers
- Changing Roles
these pre-requisites are required to be completed before the attending the training.
- Acknowledged Code of Conduct
- Completed Induction Form and sent it to Girl Guide Office
- Provided your WWCC, WWVP or Ochre details to Girl Guide Office
- Completed Management Qualification e-guiding modules
- Received your Manager's Passport
If you are having trouble registering please refer to How to Register
28th October 2021
21st February 2022
Registration & Refund Policy Courses:
You must be a current Member of Girl Guides NSW, ACT & NT in good financial standing to attend. Please make sure your membership is current before registering and have your membership number available to sign up online.
5pm 21st February. Unless course is filled prior to this date.
Once you have registered you will receive more information regarding the training via email
No name changes, refunds or transfers after 21 February .
In some cases, a transfer to the next available equivalent course in the calendar year may be considered. To request a transfer after the registration close date please email [email protected]
Contact the Courses Team at [email protected]
or call the Girl Guides Office on 02 8396 5200, Mon-Fri 9am-5pm.