This is a two-day course designed to enable the participant to develop intermediate skills in Canoe/Kayak.
15 & 16 January 2022
Lake Ginninderra College Boatshed
2 Emu Bank
Belconnen ACT 2167
8:30am - 4pm
8:30am - 4pm
This Course Covers:
- Risk Assessment
- General Boating Safety ie entering, moving about in, loading and leaving, storage and care and buoyancy of the canoe
- Explain the rules of boating
- Rescue someone in water
- Being able to turn, back and have control of the canoe/kayak
- Capsize Skills
- Please bring your own lunch, snacks and drink.
- If you do require accommodation either the Friday or Saturday night, please contact Rhonda Foley via [email protected]
- If you are having trouble registering please refer to How to Register
Registrations open - Tuesday 9 November 2021
Registrations close - Monday 20 December 2021
- All participants are required to be able to swim 50m in Deep moving water.
Registration & Refund Policy Courses:
You must be a current Member of Girl Guides NSW, ACT & NT in good financial standing to attend. Please make sure your membership is current before registering and have your membership number available to sign up online.
5pm Monday 20 December 2021, unless course is filled prior to this date.
Once you have registered you will receive more information regarding the training via email.
No name changes, refunds or transfers after Monday 20 December 2021.
All refund requests must be submitted via email to [email protected]
and will only be processed under extenuating circumstances.
In some cases, a transfer to the next available equivalent course in the calendar year may be considered. To request a transfer after the registration close date please email [email protected]
Contact the Courses Team at [email protected]
or call the Office on 02 8396 5200, Mon-Fri 9am-5pm.