Obtain practical experience to go towards your NSW boat licence.
Experienced drivers from RTS Tingira are offering a practical powerboat experience day at RTS Tingira for members and non-members who are interested in obtaining a NSW General Boat Licence. (Practical experience on Personal Watercraft PWC is not included)
Saturday 24 July 2021
51 Dorking Rd
Cabarita NSW 2137
Senior Guides 14+
Please note there are only 10 spots available so do not hesitate to register!
Saturday 8:30am - 4pm
Please note this does not include catering, please bring you own snacks and lunch.
Tea and coffee will be available.
This Course Includes:
- Basic practical knowledge of use and care of outboard motors and small powerboats.
- Opportunities to undertake at least 3 trips with an experienced powerboat driver.
- On demonstrating satisfactory competence at the end of the day, logbooks “trips” will be signed off by experienced skippers.
- Once the trips portion of the logbook has been signed off, participants may then organise to apply for their Powerboat Licence through the RMS (Note: RMS fees apply)
Before attending, participants will need to:
Visit the RMS website at www.rms.nsw.au.maritime/licence
to learn how to obtain a NSW Powerboat Licence.
• Read and study the Boating Handbook
, also available at RMS offices.
Download and read a Boating Licence Practical Logbook
and bring it to the course
Complete the Practice Boating Knowledge Test
on the RMS website.
- If you are having trouble registering please refer to How to Register
or How to Register a Non-Member
Registrations open -
Monday 3 May
Registrations close -
Monday 5 July
Registration & Refund Policy Courses:
You must be a current Member of Girl Guides NSW, ACT & NT in good financial standing to attend. Please make sure your membership is current before registering and have your membership number available to sign up online.
5pm Monday 15 July 2021. Unless course is filled prior to this date.
Once you have registered you will receive more information regarding the training via email
No name changes, refunds or transfers after Monday 15 July.
All refund requests must be submitted via email to email@example.com
and will only be processed under extenuating circumstances.
In some cases, a transfer to the next available equivalent course in the calendar year may be considered. To request a transfer after the registration close date please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact the Member and Supporter Engagement Team at email@example.com
or call the Girl Guides Office on 02 8396 5200, Mon-Fri 9am-5pm.