Canoe & kayak training is now offered in a new more flexible format. This one day canoe/kayak session is designed to support Trefoil 3 and Adult members learn canoe/kayak basic skills and then develop these skills to the required competency.
first complete a Basic Skills Session, then
complete one or more Development Session(s) to build their skills to the required competency
Assessment of Trefoil 3 and the Adult Basic Skills module of OUT 06 ALQP Conduct Canoe / Kayak Activities may be conducted at any Skills Development Session, once one session has been completed in full (i.e. at a subsequent session).
If you have completed a trefoil3/adult training in the past, you can book into any Skills Development Session to further your skills or for assessment. Please indicate which at the time of booking.
Saturday 8:30am - 4pm
Development Session Course Covers:
- further develop basic skills,
- to build awareness of individual and group responsibilities
- opportunities to monitor and manage a group
- manage capsize and rescue scenarios
- participate in and have opportunities to lead, under supervision short adventures/day paddles
- gain hours for canoe/kayak log requirements
- assessment for participants who have completed at least one full development day
- All participants are required to be able to swim 50m in deep moving water.
- Complete a Basic Skills Session before participating in a Development Session
- Download the KIT LIST HERE
- If you are having trouble registering please refer to How to Register
Registration & Refund Policy Courses:
You must be a current Member of Girl Guides NSW, ACT & NT in good financial standing to attend. Please make sure your membership is current before registering and have your membership number available to sign up online.
Contact the Member Services Team at [email protected]
or call the Girl Guides Office on 02 8396 5200, Mon-Fri 9am-5pm.