Guide Hall Closures and COVID-19 Restrictions
COVID-19 Restrictions are now in place across NSW
. The situation is very fluid with restrictions changing frequently in response to health advice.
Please follow Public Health Orders as applicable to your situation.
Guide Hall Closures
Guide Halls located in areas affected by the recent COVID-19 Public Health Order restrictions, such as those within Greater Sydney and Greater Darwin, will need to be closed, as they cannot operate under the reasons set out by Government advice at this time.
- All Guiding activities must be cancelled or transitioned to being virtual. These activities include but are not limited to school holiday programs, cleaning, and working bees.
- Third-Party hirers of Guide properties within these areas cannot operate at this time and will need to be notified.
Residents of ACT are required to wear masks in certain public settings. Community centres, youth centres or facilities are included in this Public Health Directive. School Holiday Programs are not.
Where stay-at-home orders are in place, residents of, or people whose usual place of work is within the areas specified in the Public Health Orders, must stay at home unless for essential reasons.
The reasons you may leave your home include:
- Shopping for food or other essential goods and services;
- Medical care or compassionate needs;
- Exercise outdoors per localised restrictions;
- Essential work, or education, where you cannot work or study from home; or
- In case of emergency.
We appreciate your support to ensure Girl Guides NSW, ACT & NT adhere to the current COVID-19 restrictions. Should you have any questions surrounding the current restrictions please direct them to [email protected]
or call Guide House on 1300 447 548.