At Girl Guides we encourage girls and young women to be the best versions of themselves and develop a positive self-image, confidence and self-esteem. Guides@Home
is an online library of tried and tested Girl Guides activities that Girl Guides can do at home and newcomers can do for a taste of what happens at Girl Guides.
activities are an introduction to how Girl Guides provides a place where a girl can learn to lead, discover her own path at her own pace, and how to look out for a neighbour in need. A place where experience can be shared. A place where appreciation for the natural world can be sparked and wonder revealed.
How do we do it? Our Guides@Home
activities use the Australian Guide Program (AGP) for girls to develop their own path at their own pace.
The AGP is approached through teamwork, commitment to the Promise and Law, exploring the outdoors, service in the community, learning by doing and progressive self-development.
Girls start planning their program of activities and challenges with their Leader from an early age. They can work independently and within small groups called Patrols to complete challenges, activities and plan special trips and events.
There are four elements to the Program:
- Self — Being a Guide is all about challenging yourself
- People — Making friends, sharing, caring and understanding others
- Practical — Learning skills that will help you through life
- Physical — Being active, healthy and strong
Everything that Guides do is related to these four elements of the Program.
Activities are based on the seven fundamentals of Guiding:
- Keeping the Promise and Law is the underlying code of living
- Enjoying the Outdoors offers active adventure and awareness of the environment
- Giving Service encourages a sense of community
- Exploring World Guiding builds peace and understanding
- Sharing in Guiding Traditions gives a sense of belonging and history
- Experiencing Leadership Development improves skills for life
- Participating in the Patrol System develops teamwork skills
#GuidesAtHome #GirlGuidesGoPlaces #GirlGuidesNSWACTNT