Thanks to Taronga Conservation Society, Girl Guides NSW, ACT & NT have the opportunity to send two intrepid Guides to the Boral Youth At The Zoo (YATZ) program in 2021.
Normally $350, Taronga has generously again supported Girl Guides with two scholarships. YATZ is a twelve month membership for young people aged 13 to 19 years old who love animals. YATZ is designed to give young people the opportunity to gain knowledge and experience of how a zoo works, with a focus on the importance of animal conservation.
With COVID-19 restrictions, what defines a YATZ program is still being explored, and 2021 may look a little different to previous years.
Please note that there is very limited interaction with, and no handling of, Taronga Zoo's animals.
To apply, you are required to create and submit a video application.
BE sure to include in your video:
- Who you are and some information about yourself
- Why you would like to join YATZ
- A description of what experience you have had with animals and why you like them
- What things you do in your personal life for conservation and the environment
- What you know about Taronga Zoo's conservation campaigns (hint: search the website!)
When you've completed your application, you may submit it by email
; by post to Lisa Anderson, Girl Guides NSW & ACT, PO Box 950 Strawberry Hills NSW 2012; or delivered by hand or courier to Lisa Anderson, Girl Guides NSW & ACT, Level 2 (Suite 202), 55 Holt Street Surry Hills NSW 2010.
Applications are now being accepted. Apply by 4 October 2020 using the button to the right to tell us how you're submitting your application
Apply for YATZ!