This is a one-day course designed to learn canoe/kayak skills and develop further with practical experience.
This training weekend will be dedicated to Trefoil 3 and Adult Members to develop skills to be able to put into practice throughout the year at additional practical canoe and kayak training days.
51 Dorking Rd
Cabarita NSW 2137
Sunday 8:30am - 4pm
Trefoil 3 & Adult
This Course Covers:
- Risk Assessment
- General Boating Safety ie Entering, Moving about in, loading and leaving, storage and care, and buoyancy of the canoe.
- Explain the rules of boating
- Rescue someone in water
- Being able to turn, back and have control of the canoe/kayak
- Capsize Skills
- All participants are required to be able to swim 50m in Deep moving water.
- Download the KIT LIST HERE
- Two-day weekend non-residential.
- If you are having trouble registering please refer to How to Register
Registrations open -
25 November 2021
Registrations close -
3 October 2022
Registration & Refund Policy Courses:
You must be a current Member of Girl Guides NSW, ACT & NT in good financial standing to attend. Please make sure your membership is current before registering and have your membership number available to sign up online.
5pm Monday 3 October 2022, unless course is filled prior to this date.
Once you have registered you will receive more information regarding the training via email
No name changes, refunds or transfers after .
All refund requests must be submitted via email to [email protected]
and will only be processed under extenuating circumstances.
In some cases, a transfer to the next available equivalent course in the calendar year may be considered. To request a transfer after the registration close date please email [email protected]
Contact the Events Team at [email protected]
or call the Girl Guides Office on 02 8396 5200, Mon-Fri 9am-5pm.