While there’s still nothing nicer than having fun times with other girls, as a Senior Guide you’re now also starting to look to the future. Perhaps you’re thinking about a career, or wanting to prepare yourself to be independent and make your own way in life.
The flexible Senior Guide program is exciting and challenging. Its focus is on you, and you get to plan your own activities based on your interests and your experience.
You can work toward a wide variety of recognised qualifications or awards. Some of them relate to Guiding, while others help you build on your unique skills or the things that are important to you.
Some of the activities Senior Guides enjoy, include:
- Exploring career options and learning how to write a great resume
- Examining issues of body image, health and fitness
- Taking on a leadership role with younger Girl Guides
- Planning a camping trip
- Getting involved in a local community project
- Speaking out, educating others, and taking part in a global initiative