Canoe & kayak training is now offered in a new more flexible format. This one day canoe/kayak session is designed to support Trefoil 3 and Adult members learn canoe/kayak basic skills and then develop these skills to the required competency.
first complete a Basic Skills Session, then
complete one or more Development Session(s) to build their skills to the required competency
Assessment of Trefoil 3 and the Adult Basic Skills module of OUT 06 ALQP Conduct Canoe / Kayak Activities may be conducted at any Skills Development Session, once one session has been completed in full (i.e. at a subsequent session).
If you have completed a trefoil3/adult training in the past, you can book into any Skills Development Session to further your skills or for assessment. Please indicate which at the time of booking.
51 Dorking Rd
Cabarita NSW 2137
Saturday 8:30am - 4pm
Development Session Course Covers:
- further develop basic skills,
- to build awareness of individual and group responsibilities
- opportunities to monitor and manage a group
- manage capsize and rescue scenarios
- participate in and have opportunities to lead, under supervision short adventures/day paddles
- gain hours for canoe/kayak log requirements
- assessment for participants who have completed at least one full development day
- All participants are required to be able to swim 50m in deep moving water.
- Complete a Basic Skills Session before participating in a Development Session
- Download the KIT LIST HERE
- If you are having trouble registering please refer to How to Register
Registration & Refund Policy Courses:
You must be a current Member of Girl Guides NSW, ACT & NT in good financial standing to attend. Please make sure your membership is current before registering and have your membership number available to sign up online.
Contact the Member Services Team at [email protected]
or call the Girl Guides Office on 02 8396 5200, Mon-Fri 9am-5pm.