Save the Date!
Interested in being apart of the Great Guide Sleepover Committee?
Click here to submit your expression interest now. Submissions close 1 January 2022.
Get excited for one of the most highly anticipated Girl Guides NSW, ACT & NT events.
The first sleepover was held in 1996 on the steps of the Opera House to raise awareness and funds for homeless communities. Since then, the Sleepover has become an annual tradition, moving locations over the years but always funding a cause for the community. Now in its 27th year we will find ourselves at Sydney Taronga Zoo, Dubbo Western Plains Zoo & Darwin Wildlife Park for an eventful evening of sleeping under the stars, Guiding, animals, movies, dancing and more.
There will be fundraising. There will be prizes.
There will be bedrolls. There will be Guide Biscuits.
There will be the Guide Shop, there will be activities.
There will be a film, there will be a dance party.
There will be awesome fun of epic proportions.
Members aged 10+ who are active members of a Guide Unit (not JGs).
Saturday 27 August 4PM - Sunday 28 August 9 AM
Prices will be announced soon.
Tickets are limited so get in early to avoid disappointment!
The event is capped at 100 attendees this year and we will be taking a wait list should tickets sell out.
Registrations are only open to Guides in a Guide Unit aged 10+, Leaders and Adult Helpers. This is not a Junior Guide event! Bridging Junior Guides must have all paperwork submitted and approved by Tuesday 31 July.
- If you are having trouble registering please refer to How to Register
or How to Register a Unit
Registration & Refund Policy:
You must be a current Member of Girl Guides NSW, ACT & NT in good financial standing to attend. Please make sure your membership is current before registering and have your membership number available to sign up online.
5pm Monday 8 August, unless event is filled prior to this date.
There are no name changes or refunds after Monday 8 August.
All refund requests must be submitted to the Events Team via email to [email protected]
and will only be processed under extenuating circumstances.
More information coming soon.
Terms & Conditions:
• Attendees must be a minimum of 10 years old in a Guide Unit and be valid Member of Girl Guides NSW, ACT & NT to attend this event. Girls age 9 and in a Guide Unit (not a Junior Guide Unit) are able to attend.
• Once Leaders & Girls registration fees have been paid, a copy of the fundraising materials, the link to the online fundraising portal and additional information will be sent to the Unit or Guides.
• Places are strictly limited and the event is usually full well before the closing date.
• Only Adult Members with current Leader Qualifications should attend unless adult non-Members are needed. All Adult Members must be part of a Unit and maintain an adult to girl ratio. If you are bringing adult non-members (females only) to bring with your Guides please register them by purchasing an Adult Helper Ticket. Interim Leaders can only attend if they are assisting fully Qualified Leaders.
• If you are using a bus to take your girls to the zoo, and the bus driver is male, he cannot stay overnight at Territory Wildlife Park.
• Membership must be current for all participants to be registered and to attend this event and will be checked.
• Following the registration cut-off date no refunds or name changes will be offered.
• If you need to leave Territory Wildlife Park early on Sunday or will be arriving late on Saturday night, please indicate at point of registration.
Contact the Events Team at [email protected]
or call the Office on 02 8396 5200, Mon-Fri 9am-5pm.