New COVID-19 restrictions for Metropolitan Sydney
28 June 2021
Restrictions for Greater Sydney have been extended for the following Local Government Areas (LGAs) effective from 11:59 pm tonight until at least 11:59 pm on Friday 2 July 2021:
- City of Sydney
Stay-at-home orders will be in place for the above LGAs, residents of, or people whose usual place of work is in the above four LGAs must stay at home unless it is for essential reasons.
The reasons you may leave your home include:
- Shopping for food or other essential goods and services;
- Medical care or compassionate needs;
- Exercise outdoors in groups of 10 or fewer;
- Essential work, or education, where you cannot work or study from home.
It is important to note that these restrictions are in addition to those announced on 23 June 2021, which will now be extended until 11:59 pm on Friday 2 July 2021.
GUIDE MEETINGS – COMMUNITY CENTRES AND HALLS
All Guide Halls/Meeting locations within these four LGAs will need to be closed.
- School holiday activities by Units and/or Districts within these areas will need to be cancelled or transitioned to being virtual.
- Third-Party hirers of Guide properties within these LGAs cannot operate at this time.
- Hirers who are located in or have visited the LGAs listed by NSW Health since 23 June 2021 are affected by this public health order.