The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award
The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award is a youth development program, empowering young Australians aged 14 –24 to explore their full potential and find their purpose, passion and place in the world, regardless of their location or circumstance.
Girl Guides NSW, ACT & NT are proud to deliver the Award to our Members. The Award is not just conducting expeditions, through setting goals and challenging yourself through a variety of services, skills, physical and adventure journeys of your choice, the Award is a great way to live your Guide Promise and Law outside of Girl Guides.
Steps on How to Register for The Award
Speak with your Unit Leader
Log into https://www.onlinerecordbook.org/fo/register/participant/welcome
Select your country as: Australia
Select your operating authority as: NSW
Select your Award Unit as: Girl Guides Association NSW, ACT & NT
Do you know your Award Leader’s Email Address? Yes
Enter the Following Email Address: [email protected]
Then select the level of the Award you’d like to register for!
9. When you receive your Registration confirmation email from DoE you then need to forward it on to [email protected]
to arrange an invoice from Guides for your Registration Fee.
Make sure you include your full name and member number in your email and provide the email address you would like your invoice sent to.
10. Once you have paid your invoice then Girl Guides will let you know that you will now have full access to your DoE participant portal on the DoE website.
Award Webinars & Catch Up's
Come along to casual Award Webinars and Catch Up’s that will be hosted by Virginia Brown. Virginia is a very experienced Guide Leader, State Outdoor Consultant and Award Leader and knows how important it can be to have a strong network to provide guidance in the completion of any Award, that is how these catch up's were created to provide you with tailored support.
Webinars run from 7:30 - 8:30pm (NSW & ACT Time) on the dates below:
Thursday 20 January
Thursday 17 March
Thursday 19 May
Wednesday 27 July
Wednesday 14 September
Wednesday 16 November
The Duke of Edinburgh Award Webinar Booking Portal
How to register for the above Webinars:
1. Click on the blue booking portal button above.
2. Select The Duke of Edinburgh International Award Webinar.
3. Using the arrows buttons to scroll through the months and select the date and time of which webinar you would like to join.
4. Fill in all the required registration information boxes, scroll down the page and click 'Book'.
5. You will receive an automatic confirmation which will include the link to the online Webinar and be able to add it to your calendar.
If you don't see the Webinar you are looking for on the booking portal then go the Events calendar in the website
, find the webinar event date, and register there.
Resources & Recordings
Here are a helpful resources to Guide you the way to achieving your Award, this list will continue to be updated regularly:
- The Award Flyer
- The Award External Providers
- The Award Virtual Options
Click on the link below to watch an information webinar about The Award:
Link to Official Website Page
Visit the official The Duke of Edinburgh International Award website to learn more https://dukeofed.com.au/
Click on this link to learn how to get involved with The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award:
How to get involved with The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award
Click on this link to download a flyer about The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award to share with your Unit:
The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Flyer
For more information about The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award, please contact State Outdoors Lead, Sally Woodhouse, via [email protected]